Installation and First Steps
To install Narratium on your WordPress site you just have to get in the WordPress administration and follow the next steps.
- Click on the “Themes” menu within the “Appareance” menu.
- On the following page, click on the link “Add new” at the upper-left corner.
- On the new page click on the “upload theme” link that appears on the upper-left corner.
- Click on the “select file” link and select the Literatum.zip file contained in the downloaded file of Themeforest.
- Wait until WordPress finishes uploading the file and install it. Click the “activate” link.
NOTE: If the above process fails, you can upload the theme to your hosting by loading the “Literatum” folder (as a result of unzipping the literatum.zip file) via FTP to the “themes” folder in your WordPress installation and it will be available on the administration area.
It is recommended as a first action after activating the theme to enter the section “Appearance -> Customize”. When the user navigate this page after activating the theme for the first time, WordPress triggers a series of actions that help the theme starts the initial configuration in case it did not happen correctly at the moment in which the theme is activated .
Set Logo and Favicon
Both the logo and the favicon of your site can be configured in the administration page Appearance -> Customize -> Site Identity. Within this section you can upload an image for the logo and another for the favicon. In Narratium it is advisable to use a square image for the logo. This logo will be displayed in the theme sidebar, above the site title and description. In the “Logo size” option you can configure the size in which you want the logo to appear.
Narratium displays the site favicon in the upper left corner as a button to display the site’s main menu. It is therefore advisable to use an image of at least 100×100 pixels.